For the national theatre tour “WAVE”, Another Kind of Blue is looking for intern dancers (male and female), who are in the 2nd or 3rd year of education.
- Audition date: Sunday 21 February 2021 *by pre-selection only
- Closing audition application: Sunday 31 January 2021
- Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
- Tour period: beginning of December 2021 – end of February 2022
- Rehearsal period*: June 2021 – November 2021
* Rehearsals for the first pieces will start around June 2021 (subject to change). Rehearsals are not non-stop.
- 2nd or 3rd year student at a dance education in the Netherlands
- Excellent modern and ballet dance technique, other dance skills are a plus
- EU nationality and/or working permit
- Residential in the Netherlands
- Enjoys participating in the creative process and enjoys improvisation
- Affinity with technology
We offer an internship compensation, travel costs and we aim to give you a fixed place in the tour. The tour will consist of approximately 30 shows in large theaters and likely more shows abroad.
Your application must include the following elements:
- Complete CV
- 2 photo’s (1 portrait photo which is a clear headshot and 1 full body dance photo)
- A video of a solo of maximum 2 minutes, where you are completely visible (preferably without other dancers in the video).
You can send your application to production manager Lisa Boere: email@example.com before Sunday 31 January 2021. Applications sent later than the 31th of January, will not be taken into consideration.
We will make a pre-selection based on the information and video that you have sent.
We shall notify you by email about the pre-selection results on Monday 8 February 2021.
The audition will be on Sunday 21 February and is by invitation only.
The audition will be at our studio in the Hague, the Netherlands.
The audition consists of a ballet and modern class and a piece of repertoire. Please prepare a solo or improvisation (no more than 2 minutes).
Selected candidates will be provided with more detailed information on Thursday 11 February.
If a live audition cannot take place due to tightened covid-19 measurements, we will do the auditions trough an online channel.
ABOUT ANOTHER KIND OF BLUE
Another Kind of Blue creates shows in which dance and technology are forged into a new art form. One of our main drivers is curiosity and this is also something we try to communicate to our audience by inspiring, reflecting and activating.
David Middendorp – choreographer, founder and artistic director of Another Kind of Blue – sees technology as the embodiment of our culture. After all, every technological discovery is the result of human desires. Another Kind of Blue uses technology as a means to convey ideas and questions about society.